Please see below the uniform expectations for all students. Please note that some websites have items in the school section that do not fit our school's uniform policy. School uniform can be ordered from Wear to School. There are also examples of acceptable uniform on this website.
- White school polo shirt (with a purple stripe through the collar)
- Purple school sweatshirt/cardigan with the school logo
- Mid grey or charcoal grey knee length skirt or tailored trousers/shorts (Trousers must not be fashion trousers, leggings, jeans or narrow at the ankle: the hem width should be at least 18cm seam-to-seam. Skirts may be A-line or pleated but without side slits and not of a stretchy fabric)
- White, grey or black socks or tights
- Plain black leather school shoes or ankle boots (shoes must not be trainers or ballet-style pumps and should have heels of no more than 2cm height; all shoes must be waterproof and protect the top of the foot.)
- Short sleeved purple & black sports shirt with school logo
- Black shorts or skort (no cycling shorts)
- Plain black football socks
- Trainers (running style NOT plimsolls or baseball boot style & no black soles)
- Football boots with studs or Astro boots
- Shin pads (essential for hockey and football)
- Gum shield (essential for hockey and rugby)
- Sports leggings may be worn but they must be non-see through. We are happy for shorts to be worn over the top.
- Long sleeve rugby-style top in purple & black with school logo
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms may be worn over shorts in cold weather.
- Black gloves and black beanie-style hat for cold weather
- School hoodie/Sports Leader hoodie
- Black waterproof jacket to wear over hoodie in inclement weather
- Sports/gym bag with school logo
- Hair bands and slides must be suitable for school.
- One set of plain metal ear studs (one stud only in each earlobe) and a watch may be worn. Hoop and drop earrings are not allowed. No other jewellery (e.g. rings, necklaces) or body piercing may be worn.
- Smart watches are not allowed to be worn in school.
- Pupils are not allowed to wear make-up of any kind, including nail varnish and false nails, and coloured or “dip-dyed” hair is not permitted.
P.E. Lesson Rules
- Pupils may come to school in their PE kit on the day they have a PE lesson but must have school uniform in a bag to change into after the lesson.
- During P.E. lessons, watches and ear studs must be removed. Earring tape is not acceptable to cover studs.
- If a pupil forgets their P.E. kit they must borrow spare kit from the school. The school will not telephone home to get someone to bring the kit in for them. The incident will be logged on school records.
- If a pupil brings in a note from home to say they are not well enough to do P.E. they should still wear their P.E. kit, as they will normally still be able to coach or umpire.
We expect parent(s)/carer(s) to support us in maintaining high standards of uniform. If for any reason a parent/carer is unable to provide uniform due to financial difficulties, we may be able to help. Please contact the school, in confidence, as a matter of urgency and ask to speak to the Head of Year. We keep some uniform items which are laundered and ready to wear. These items may be borrowed for a limited period. We regularly update our stock, so there is no reason why any student should be out of uniform.