Meals at School
Our school meal provider is Chartwells.
The current cost of a meal deal is £2.46.
All breakfasts, snacks and lunchtime meals must be paid for by parents and carers using the Chartwells Cashless Catering System. No cash will be accepted at the till points, and using this system means pupils don't need to carry cash at school.
Payment for meals and snacks are made through our online payments system. For parents and carers who already pay for trips through this system, please use your existing log in. If you haven't yet used the system, and you don't have your letter detailing your login details, please request a duplicate from the school finance office.
Once logged in, choose the dinner money basket to pay the money into.
- You can pay any amount of money into your child’s account, and any money spent on food and drink will be deducted on a daily basis.
- A daily ‘spend limit’ of £4.50 will be programmed into the system. This can be increased or decreased for an individual pupil by making a written request to the school finance office.
- The online payment system will always display your current balance for dinner money.
- Select 'view history' against dinner money, to see details of the food that your child has bought.
Your child will select their breakfasts, school meals and break snacks using the Biometric Trust-e Cashless System supplied by Civica Group Limited. We require the written consent of at least one parent/carer before we can take and process a child's biometric information. Please be assured that this information remains within the school and that the biometric information taken is an algorithm and not your child’s actual finger print. If you choose not to have your child registered the school will provide alternative methods of identification such as a 4 digit PIN code or Smart Card. However, our preference is to use biometrics as this is more secure and faster than any other method of identification,
All dinner money payments go directly to Chartwells’ bank account; the school does not have access to these. Chartwells’ address is:
Birmingham Great Park
Please note that the payments you make will be shown on your bank statement as “Chartwells".
We encourage our pupils to eat a balanced and healthy diet. Our canteen offers a range of healthy, delicious meals. However, should your child prefer to bring a packed lunch, here are some guidelines we’d appreciate you following:
Packed lunches should include:
- At least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables.
- A carbohydrate food such as wholemeal or granary bread, pasta, potato salad.
- Dairy food such as milk, cheese, yogurt or custard.
- Meat, fish or other source of non- dairy protein.
- Drinks should be water, still or sparkling, fruit juice, semi skimmed milk, yogurt or milk drinks or smoothies.
Packed lunches should not contain:
- Snacks such as crisps. (Instead they can bring seeds, vegetables and fruit. Savoury crackers or bread sticks served with fruit or vegetables are also a good choice.)
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars and sweets. Cakes and biscuits are allowed, but these should only be eaten as part of a balanced meal.
- Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies, corned meat and sausage / chipolatas should be included only occasionally.
- Fizzy drinks or energy drinks (These are not allowed in school at all).
Allergies & Special Diets
We have some students who suffer from severe nut allergies. Please do not put items in your child's packed lunch containing nuts.
We also recognise that some pupils have to follow special diets.
For the reasons above, we ask that pupils do not swap food items.