Meals at School
School LunchesOur provider is AIP.
Here is AIP's menu rota.
There is a different meal deal each day, which costs a maximum of £2.50.
AIP do not take payment in cash. You can make payment for your child's school meals into your account via our online payment system.
Special Dietary Needs
If your child has special dietary needs, you must let the school know. Please read the documents below and return the form, filled in as accurately as possible, to the school office.
We encourage our pupils to eat a balanced and healthy diet. Our canteen offers a range of healthy, delicious meals. However, should your child prefer to bring a packed lunch, here are some guidelines we’d appreciate you following:
Packed lunches should include:
- At least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables.
- A carbohydrate food such as wholemeal or granary bread, pasta, potato salad.
- Dairy food such as milk, cheese, yogurt or custard.
- Meat, fish or other source of non- dairy protein.
- Drinks should be water, still or sparkling, fruit juice, semi skimmed milk, yogurt or milk drinks or smoothies.
Packed lunches should not contain:
- Snacks such as crisps. (Instead they can bring seeds, vegetables and fruit. Savoury crackers or bread sticks served with fruit or vegetables are also a good choice.)
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars and sweets. Cakes and biscuits are allowed, but these should only be eaten as part of a balanced meal.
- Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies, corned meat and sausage / chipolatas should be included only occasionally.
- Fizzy drinks or energy drinks (These are not allowed in school at all).
Allergies & Special Diets
We have some students who suffer from severe nut allergies. Please do not put items in your child's packed lunch containing nuts.
We also recognise that some pupils have to follow special diets.
For the reasons above, we ask that pupils do not swap food items.