Do You Qualify for Free School Meals?
You can apply for free school meals for your child if you receive a qualifying benefit.
What are the qualifying benefits?
The qualifying benefits to receive free school meals are
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
If you believe your child may be eligible for free school meals but have not yet applied, please do so as soon as possible because it can help the school to pay for additional provision for your child through Pupil Premium funding.