Inspiring Music: Free Music Centre taster sessions
Music Centre FREE taster sessions across Central Bedfordshire, available to all ages and abilities of students.
Come together to play or sing music in a group, meet other musicians and of course visit the tuck shop.
Whether you are a complete beginner or an experienced instrumentalist or singer who is missing the opportunity to perform as part of a group, this is the opportunity to come along and take part!
We are running Music Centre taster days at our Music Centres across Central Bedfordshire on the following days:
- Saturday 14th May – Ampthill Music Centre at Redborne Upper School in Ampthill.
- Saturday 21st May – Leighton Linslade Music Centre at Vandyke Upper School in Leighton Buzzard
- Saturday 21st May – Biggleswade Music Centre at Stratton Upper School in Biggleswade
The timetable for the session will be:
- 09:15 Registration (Sign in time)
- 09:30 Introduction, Fun Musical Activity (non-instrumental) for everyone
- 10:00 Sectional Rehearsal
- 10:45 Break – Tuck Shop available
- 11:05 Full rehearsal for all
- 11:50 Audience arrives (Friends and family are welcome to attend)
- 12:10 Performance
- 12:30 Finish (Sign out time)
What will you need to do to take part?
- Sign up on Eventbrite before the day (unless you already attend the Music Centre)
- Choose which instrument / voice you are going to use in advance
- You do not need to wear school uniform, any appropriate casual clothes are fine!
- Parents can drop off at the centre at 9:15 and the return for the concert at 11:50 or pick up at the end of the session at 12:30
Who is it suitable for?
- If you are a complete beginner and want to learn a new instrument or start singing from age of 7 upwards.
- If you are having instrumental lessons, this is a great opportunity to come along and improve your sight reading, enjoy making music with other likeminded people and making new friends.
- If you are having whole class music sessions, this would be a supported way to try out and develop using the skills you have learnt in a music group.
We aim to bring together students at different stages of their musical journey to perform together in much the same way we have previously done at Fiddle Fiestas and Wind band days. This is really rewarding for all who are involved.
We very much hope to see you at the Music Centres